First catering truck painted

After the completion of the first catering model, I decided to make a painted and decaled version to have a better view of the overall model and use the fantastic decals from WessexTransfers.

Although the model is finished, I will design and create the “stoppers” so that the catering truck compartment can be raised to an intermediate height which will allow the bridge to face the doors of the different airliner models.
I will post more updates about this and soon the first catering units will be made.

Meantime the design of the instructions will also be on progress.

Click on the image to see more photos on the product page.

First catering truck painted Read More

First catering truck assembled

The first catering truck has finally been finished and all the parts fitted successfully together.

I have based this model in the catering truck from Doll; the X-Cat M variant, hence the door at the left side and the usual loading door at the back.

The set will include metal parts, transparent sheet for the windows and a choice set of decals (with the base decal set included as well). More info about this at the day of release.

Although the first model has been finished, there is still some work to do as the instructions for example.

I will make a finished painted and decaled version in a couple of days and from them, I will start to cast the first units.

Regarding the cargo loader FMC15i; it will be available at the same time as the release of the catering truck, however new molds will be made in order to ease the casting process.

My goal is to set both items available in approximately two weeks. During this time I will upload a review on the decals and introduce the upcoming project.

First catering truck assembled Read More

Cabin completed

Finally the cabin for the catering model has been finished. It wasn’t easy to do as everything has been done from scratch thus it took all the time during this week. After finishing it, I made the basic interior shape which also has the axle for the front wheels.

The wheels have also been made although they need some other minor details/adjustments.

I also have made what seems to be the air conditioner which will be placed at the left side of the truck.

There are still some details to include but I am happy with the progress.

Please note that the wheels weren’t completely fixed to the truck so you may see some incorrect angles and the fenders are still pending to make.

The list of things remaining to do gets shorter and shorter but there is still some work pending to do which I hope to cover and upload in the next update.

Cabin completed Read More