First catering truck painted

After the completion of the first catering model, I decided to make a painted and decaled version to have a better view of the overall model and use the fantastic decals from WessexTransfers.

Although the model is finished, I will design and create the “stoppers” so that the catering truck compartment can be raised to an intermediate height which will allow the bridge to face the doors of the different airliner models.
I will post more updates about this and soon the first catering units will be made.

Meantime the design of the instructions will also be on progress.

Click on the image to see more photos on the product page.

First catering truck assembled

The first catering truck has finally been finished and all the parts fitted successfully together.

I have based this model in the catering truck from Doll; the X-Cat M variant, hence the door at the left side and the usual loading door at the back.

The set will include metal parts, transparent sheet for the windows and a choice set of decals (with the base decal set included as well). More info about this at the day of release.

Although the first model has been finished, there is still some work to do as the instructions for example.

I will make a finished painted and decaled version in a couple of days and from them, I will start to cast the first units.

Regarding the cargo loader FMC15i; it will be available at the same time as the release of the catering truck, however new molds will be made in order to ease the casting process.

My goal is to set both items available in approximately two weeks. During this time I will upload a review on the decals and introduce the upcoming project.

Cabin completed

Finally the cabin for the catering model has been finished. It wasn’t easy to do as everything has been done from scratch thus it took all the time during this week. After finishing it, I made the basic interior shape which also has the axle for the front wheels.

The wheels have also been made although they need some other minor details/adjustments.

I also have made what seems to be the air conditioner which will be placed at the left side of the truck.

There are still some details to include but I am happy with the progress.

Please note that the wheels weren’t completely fixed to the truck so you may see some incorrect angles and the fenders are still pending to make.

The list of things remaining to do gets shorter and shorter but there is still some work pending to do which I hope to cover and upload in the next update.

Decals printed

After several weeks and efforts and with the help of our friend Rob, decals were finally printed and are on the way.

I have made decals for several catering handlers but I also wanted to add as many little detail decals as possible. From the Man logo at the front of the cabin to the control panel inside the compartment.

The tail lights and headlights are based in a high quality image of the real deal so that the result can be more realistic than simply painting the lights.

License plates will come in three color options and with black/white letters and numbers.

I will upload new photos once the decals have been received.

Adding the first details

(this post was first published in January 29th, 2017).

As the poll at the other version of the site has ended, the Do&Co, the Air China and the New Rest versions have been removed from the project. Alpha LSG Sky Chefs will be available at first with only 2 units.

I have started to work with the transmission as well as added some utility boxes and the fuel tank on the right side.

The first steps with the bridge have been done, the photo etched from the photo on the left is just the main basic shape to see the action and later the handrails will be added. The bridge has to move up and down because it has to rest on top of the cabin when the compartment is lowered.

At this moment I am working with the wheels and cabin, which will be the Man TGL version. Cabin that hopefully can be used in the future with an hydrant model.

It took me time to advance with the catering because the decals artwork took also a lot of time, they are now ready to be printed.

Main scissors system completed

(this post was first published in January 16th, 2017).

The elevating system of the catering truck has been completed. This was one of the steps I feared the most, but luckily it can move up and down smoothly and seems to be compact and resistant.

The compartment has also been started and you can notice it is hollow, the purpose is to add some detail in the inside.

The compartment has been made with the idea of leaving the unions at the top so that it can be easier to put everything together, putty if needed and sand it to leave a 0 visible union.

Photo on the side shows the main shape, other details will be added to the model in following steps.

Posts navigation

1 2
Scroll to top