I want to start this entry by saying thank you.
I’ve been working from the heart with these new tow trucks and catering trucks. Seeing that they were sold out on the first day showed me that the work was well worth it and that the items are of the liking, this gives me the motivation to continue and do my best in every project.
Naturally, I was not able to do more than 10 units of each, bear in mind these are a total of 40 models which was a big challenge for me to make with just one piece of equipment.
I am trying to grow as sales continue, thus another equipment unit has been purchased and hopefully it can arrive soon so that I can produce more at the same time.
Material to make PE is also on its way, this may delay things a bit with the pushback trucks since these days the post services are at their busiest time and material may take longer to arrive.
I have plenty of PE ready for the catering truck, so I may be restocking this item as well as the towbars prior to the pushback models.
I would like to share with you some news on this entry, first, the finished and assembly videos of the tow trucks:
Second, I was finally able to paint and make a finished version of the towbars:
Please note that the handles on the A320 towbar should be closer to the head.
The other news I wanted to share was concerning the shop. I have been adding some more information at the store front page, there you will be able to see which items I am preparing stock for and read some news concerning the items at the store.
As things progress, so must my knowledge, and thus I am also learning some other 3D modeling techniques that will help me create more complex elements such as sharklets and better detailed engines. I have made sharklets before, but this time I would like to try other techniques and see if I can add some panel lines on them.
With this, it will be possible for me now to try and make the B747-400 wingtips which may be a part of a conversion set that I would like to do in the future, once I have more progress on the B747-8F/-400F cargo deck set.
My learning on this subject is also getting me closer and closer to my dream model; the A330-300.
The B787-9 cargo holds are progressing very well, the rear cargo hold shell is already done, only the container rails need to be added and thus production of these will start soon. Prior to that, I expect to make a couple of finished versions in order to see the overall result.
The 1/12 B737 cabin is progressing very well as well. I am going to have the Main Instrument Panel / Glareshield tested in the next few days, going from computer model to real model is a challenge, but I am optimistic with the results, it will be a very important step for the project, so I will do my best to share a few photos of it in a couple weeks.
I am also progressing with the next tow truck which will be the Schopf F396, currently at 87% completion, this model is so heavy that I decided to represent the weight effect at the base of the wheels, similar as it happens in real life with the real 1/1 model. The F70 will follow afterwards leaving the Komatsu “brothers” for a 2022 project.
That is all for now, work continues which is sometimes quite hard to do, as the temperatures drop, I must keep the room warm or else the resin won’t work. Also, working conditions at home can change from one day to another as taking care of an elder person drains a lot of energy from oneself, but I keep trying my best.
I will be writing more news as soon as I have a restocking date for all those new items (and the rest of the currently out of stock GSE models).
Stay safe everyone,