Progress so far

Hello everyone,

I though to give a quick update on how are things going now that we are reaching the end of September.

The first attempt with the new printer ended up in a disaster which lead me to return the printer as it jammed the paper every time. However, there is another printer on the way and I am hoping to work with it right from the start.
All these problems caused me to stop designing decals at the moment because the artworks will need an adjustment for them to be printed on the new printer with the best result possible.
It is somehow like the early days when I had to test a few things with the printing company such as lines color/thickness and all these matters. Needless to say colors will not be the same, thus artworks will need to be finetuned so that the output color is the desired one.
Lots of work on that regard, but I do like challenges.

Finally I made myself a schedule in order to make sure I do everything that has to be done, time to make units and time to actually work on the new projects.

On regards the new projects; I am expecting to update the 747 cargo set this weekend with photos of the work done so far on the deck. I was finally able to make a better fitting of the deck into the fuselage, so I am really looking forward to assembly a kit soon.
Once the main deck is done, I will focus the work on the interior panels, for this same reason I will include the galley section next to the cockpit part as the whole set will serve as ceiling for the first section.

I also have to say that the B737NG cockpit project isn’t dead, so I will be working with it alongisde the 747 cargo. One week I will work on the 747 cargo project and the next one with the cockpit and so on.

There are also a few things that I am going to change on the GSE models:

  • I will make new bigger molds for the baggage carts, belt loader and LD3 trolleys so that I can cast more units at the same time, so far making these units is a bit time consuming so I will try to make the new molds in a better arrangement (similar as I did with the catering) and thus  try to keep the catalogue alive.
  • The Tug MA50 may be the first product to be discontinued, the reason is that I would really like to work on a new tug, more detailed and realistic than the first tug I made, and I will base the new tug on the Charlette. That does not mean the MA50 model won’t be made in the future as I plan to have a few types of tugs, but I feel like I learned much more since I first made the tug and I really want to offer a more detailed product.
  • The same goes for the FMC15i, I feel like I want to make a more realistic and accurate model for this. Since I am doing the 747 cargo project, I may attempt to make a cargo loader with double sill to increase the bridge’s height. This one will be definitely a challenge, because I also learned with the catering truck on regards making movable sills, so I am really looking forward to this project.

I will upload some progress done on the 747 cargo set this weekend!

Best wishes,
Guillem

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to top