Today unfortunately I do not bring updates one the B737 cockpit project as I wished, reason being that I have been doing lots of new molds to renew them in order to keep the detail on the resin parts. Although I keep the molds as healthy as possible, there is always a moment where the result isn’t as crisp as the original and thus molds need to be renewed, I do that much earlier in order to not to cast any part with detail loss.
Although I did not work directly on the cockpit, I spent some time to get myself back to where I left the project, as it happens in such complex situations, I needed to realize what was going to be made next, what step, what area…
Since this is a big project, I will work on areas, however I feel that it is time to set what is going to be the main structure of the cockpit, prepare the base and prepare the union of the main instrument panel, glareshield and sidewalls. That will definitely be one of the most important steps so I am writing a list of things to be done in order to achieve this.
I haven’t been able to update the project during the weekend but I expect to do so during the next week in order to compensate the time spent in the last days making the new molds.