I am glad to write this entry to say that practically all the stock is done now. There are still the photo etched parts to be done, but everything is being made step by step.
It really took me a very long time to complete these stock units, there are several parts for each item and I had to make new molds on the way, in most cases, changing the distribution of the parts in order to improve the molds and avoid wasting material (because of errors) and time.
Not only I made new molds for these reasons, but for the most important; to keep the parts as crisp and clean as possible. With time, molds degrade and so do the resulting resin parts, in order to keep as clean and sharp parts as possible it’s important to renew the molds from time to time.
As I mentioned, every GSE model has its own parts, so far I’ve made about 900 bagagge, the reason being that there are a total of 42 baggage for every baggage cart set and 7 for each belt loader model.
In the meanwhile, I have also tried to improve the molding of the NeoPW engines, and although it was a success for small quantities, it wasn’t viable as only one out of 8 engines came out fine.
Therefore, I decided to go for the conventional method of two halves which I think isn’t such an issue, it is actually better than having to fix misalignment problems along the whole engine. I will update some photos of the engine soon.
Speaking of the Neo PW engine, it seems that more and more airlines are chosing the LEAP-1A model over the PW1127G, so I am really hoping to make a LEAP-1A version as I am also working on livery decals.
There may not be huge visual differences between those two engines, but for those who have seen both engines carefully, they are quite different. Still, I may use the PW as a base and fully rework the cowlings and the pylons to make the LEAP-1A, this will hopefully save me the troubles of starting from 0 as I did with the PW and be able to make this engine in shorter time.
I am also working on the A350 liveries and working on the new online store. The A350 liveries that will be available once the site is open will be: Generic decals, China Airlines “Pheasant”, Cathay Pacific, Delta Air Lines and Singapore Airlines.
I expect to make more in the near future, but I am planning to make more liveries for the A320Neo as well.
As the stock units are being finished, I would like to do a quick out of the box build with the A350 in order to fully test the interior window decals and another test that has to be done for the cockpit windows, alongside the build I plan to do a full tutorial from preparing the fuselage halves to decaling with these livery decals as well as giving as many tips as I can from errors and experiences I had while painting and clearcoating.
There are still things to be done, but I am progressing forward one step at a time.