Just a very quick update to say that the new items were released and that I will increase quantities in the next few days. I also restocked some other items, but I expect to restock and make more units of the current out of stock products.
I also wanted to share a new video I uploaded in which I show how I cut the plastic doors, this technique works to open cargo and passenger doors as well as cutting the plastic in general.
I am also working on another video, this time related to LED lights and general lighting for the models, some few tips that hopefully will help for your projects.
Some time has passed since my last update. These days have been quite difficult because of the temperatures and the heatwave we have here.
Although it seems that higher temperatures, as opposed to colder ones, don’t affect the printing much, resin casting is always very hard to do when the room temperature is so high.
Working in an environment that feels more like an oven or a sauna is complex and with that said, there will be some limitations on the new items that I will be releasing on Friday meaning that there won’t be as many quantities as I had hoped. Needless to say, I will continue with the production and add more quantities as soon as I progress and in a quicker way once the heatwave is gone.
You may notice the webshop already has some of the new products in it (not yet available); the radomes, pitot tubes, antennas, sharklets, winglets… I will soon update the product page for the B787-9 cargo holds and change the front page a bit on the 29th.
During all this time I have been working on other subjects, such as the F59 in 1/72 scale which is nearly completed. All the parts were done and I am currently working on the body, leaving it ready for casting. Details are sharper than what can be seen below, I think this heat is starting to melt my cellphone.
On the other hand, I am also progressing with the B747-8F/-400F. The main deck has been completed and also, the bulkhead. I may detail the bulked some more, but that is mainly how it will be.
After finishing the basic shape of the fuselage/wingroot, the main deck, the nose area and the main shape of the cargo holds, it is time to work on the cockpit.
I am not planning to detail it much further than this, mainly because 85% of it will probably not be visible from the outside, so currently my focus is on the cockpit itself.
After some issues with the delivery, I was finally able to test by myself the 0,5mm optic fiber wire. It is very good for point lights, with a certain degree of ambiance, they will be perfect for the cargo deck sidewalls, but alternatively, I am studying the possibility to add a series of small LED lights as a general lighting. Wires are the main issue, where to run them through, but I will come up with something.
That is all for now, I want to go on working on the other projects as well, the 1/12 B737 cabin, and other of the GSE which are also quite advanced such as the Pulsar 7D and the new baggage carts.
Today I am sharing some more progress about the two main projects that I have this year.
The radio panel on the 1/12 B737 cabin has been finished. I did an initial test on all the radio panel sections and I like the result. Something to keep in mind when viewing these images is the size of these parts, they are much smaller than what you can feel from the photo.
I still have to test the fitting of the various knobs and switches. Basically each radio module will be added one by one by the modeler, on top of the radio pedestal which will have three columns separated by a panel line to perfectly align each module.
For my own test, I did not sand any edge, so they were simply cut off the base to check the overall result of them together.
The main panel has also been completed, but before I test it, I would like to have the main structure done (the main panel was remade again), that will be the next step.
On the other subject, the B747-8F/400F, it is progressing well, most of the nose section is completed, there are some smaller details I still need to add, and I am also considering making the padding that is located inside the nose cone.
Sometimes you need to make some sacrifices regarding fitting/dimensions/realism. This was the case for the hinges and rods (rods will be made out of metal or plastic), also, details in the renders may be “exaggerated” in some cases but because later on, these will be very subtle once printed.
The electric motor and the gearboxes were made and there will be some wiring inside the nose.
While the nose area is almost done, work has continued with the main deck. Currently working on the rear section and the side door platform area.
This set, which I finally called it “Transdetail kit” (because it transforms the detail from an original kit and it is a kit itself, not quite like a transkit that changes the original model kit), will also include decals; the anti slippery marks on the main deck made as a decal will be a nice addition solving the difficulty that would be having to paint each little rectangle perfectly.
Finally, the restock of the B787-8 galleys and some other currently out of stock items and the release of the new items will be on July 29th. These new items will be:
– 1/144 B787-9 Forward cargo hold module. – 1/144 B787-9 Rear cargo hold module. – 1/144 Antenna set “A”. – 1/144 Satcom antenna set. – 1/144 Pitot tubes assortment. – 1/144 Radomes; Viasat, Gogo 2KU, Arinc 791, Inmarsat GX and Boeing factory. – 1/144 Airbus narrowbody sharklets. – 1/144 Airbus A350 sharklets. – 1/144 B747-400 Winglets.
Some out of stock items like the baggage carts will take a bit more time since I am making the new movable towbar version. I am also progressing with the work of the rest of the projects; the 1/72 Schopf F59, the 1/144 Pulsar 7D etc.
That is all for now, I hope to share more finished things soon. Take good care everyone.